Reading Memorial High School
781-944-9200; Student absence line: 781-942-5435
The first Reading Memorial High School was built on Oakland Road in 1957. The school was dedicated to Reading soldiers of WWII and Korea. A renovated RMHS opened in 2007.
A reflection area outside the school is in tribute to those who served and died while fighting for this country.
There are, on average, 87.8 teachers working at the school, and 97.9% are licensed in their teaching assignment. There are 315 classes in core academic areas.
Kevin Higginbottom is the school's principal.
- Fax: 781-942-5435
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 2:11pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Number of students: 1,309
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14.9 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 87.8
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library
- Advanced placement courses: Art, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, English, European History, French, Latin, Physics, Spanish, Statistics
- Extracurricular activities available: Amnesty International, Band, Chess, Chorus, Community Service, Contemporary Film & Arts Society, Gay Straight Alliance, Math Team, Student Union, Model United Nations, Peer Pals, Color Guard, Singers, Student Council, SADD
- Student clubs: Ballroom Dancing Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Guitar Club, International Club, Mock Trial Club, Recycling Club, Science Club, Spanish Club
- Sports teams: Basketball, wrestling