For 39 years, this shop has been popular with generations of school children, from elementary through high school age. The Hornet's Nest, which takes its name from the home of the town mascot, is centrally located across from the public library and in close proximity to North Reading High School and Middle School and Batchelder Elementary School.
The sub shop offers a large variety of hot and cold subs, along with hand-tossed, thin-crusted Italian pizza made with freshly prepared dough and sauce. There is even an assortment of specialty pizzas named after schools and other town landmarks. The menu also includes wraps, salads, side orders -- including a sampler side order -- home-cooked roast beef, steak tips and a variety of dinners served with french fries and fresh Romaine lettuce salad. Free delivery is now available.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 11am - 7pm; Thur, Fri, 11am - 8pm; Sat, Sun, 11am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to the walkway to the left of the front entrance.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Specialties: Salvonies (Salvo's calzones), home-cooked roast beef and homemade pockets are all house specialties.
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Fast Food, Italian, Pizza, Sandwiches
- Signature dishes: The Hornet's Nest is famous for its Cheese Steak subs.
- Price level: $
- Number of tables: 7
- Features: Dinner, Lunch