At first glance, the Venetian Moon Ristorante appears to be like any other family Italian restaurant. It is on the ground level at the end of a small shopping compound and seats about 50 and often does fill to capacity. But this Italian eatery is well known throughout the Reading and has won awards for its cuisine. Popular dishes here include the marsala and cacciatore, as well as veal and chicken specialties. Seafood dishes are made from fresh catch; the Pescatore Fra Diavolo, consisting of scallops and shrimp sauteed in a lemon Zinfandel sauce with spinach, then tossed with pasta, is worth a try as well. The Venetian Moon has a small, yet potently decadent dessert menu.
What makes Venetian Moon stand out beyond its cuisine is its additional basement level lounge and Martini Bar. The Martini bar at Venetian Moon is fully stocked and offers a four-page menu. One page is entirely fruit flavored, the rest are custom blends that range from sweet to sour. Choices include Flirtini, PomPlumFlirt, Raspberry Mochachino and Heavenly Almond.
The downstairs lounge room and additional dining areas are contemporary. White leather couches, benches and solid geometric cocktail tables fill the rooms. LCD wall screens provide an background imagery. The lights are dimmed and candles are used to create a lounge atmosphere.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 5pm - 12am
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2001
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.venetianmoon.com/VM_MENU_ALL.pdf
- Specialties: Marsala, cacciatore dishes
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Italian
- Signature dishes: Prescatore Fra Diavolo, Tortellini Al Forno
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual Clean