Yoga East is an "Eastern arts studio" combining scholarly education with yoga training. Buddhist studies courses, focusing on the message of Buddha and how to incorporate Buddhism into daily life, are held one day a week for eight weeks.
Yoga East has a variety of classes teaching different yoga styles as well as prenatal and Mommy & Me classes and even belly dancing.
Special to the organization is the Mind/Body Clinic. This yoga clinic was started by founder Monica Veneziano to assist those suffering from physical ailments ranging from joint pains to autoimmune disorders. Veneziano specializes in the treatment of breast cancer patients.
Students at Yoga East are encouraged to register for additional special events. Guest speakers are often invited to share their knowledge on Buddhism and living Buddhist lives. There are also workshops and retreats. The workshops examine different seminar topics such as mourning, stress relief and spiritual healing. The retreats are weekend long and are hosted at the Eagle Mountain Resort in Jackson, New Hampshire.
Yoga East also has a small retail shop. Customers can purchase books, DVDs, music and yoga supplies. There is also original artwork such as screenprinted apparel and greeting cards.
Visit the Yoga East website or contact studio for class listings and tuition and registration information.
- Hours: Hours vary by class times
- Handicap Accessible: Ground level entry.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Membership info: Tuition, registration costs vary see website or call for class information.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of classes/week: 24
- Styles: Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kripalu, Vinyasa
- Levels: Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate, Mixed-level classes
- Specialties: For kids, Pre-natal
- Services: One-on-one instruction, Retreats, Shop