Following are some of the hospitals serving the area:
- 41 Highland Ave., Winchester, MA 01890
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- 170 Governors Ave., Medford, MA 02155-1643
Melrose Wakefield Hospital
- 585 Lebanon St., Melrose, MA 02176
- 365 East Street, Tewksbury, MA 01876
Who to Call: In emergencies, call 911. At other times, call 781-944-3132 or 981-944-1212.
- Gregory J. Burns is the chief of department.
- The department headquarters is based at 757 Main St. and there is an additional station is based at 267 Woburn St.
Who to Call: In emergencies, call 911. At other times, call 781-944-1212 or 781-942-6769.
- James W. Cormier is the police chief of Reading.
- The department is based at 15 Union St.
- There are various sections in the department such as Investigations, Support services, Dispatch services and Detective Bureau.
- It is also part of programs like Citizen Police Academy and S.P.I.C.E. (Seniors and Police In Cooperative Efforts).
Who to Call: In emergencies, call 911. At other times, call Reading Fire Department at 781-944-3132.
- Reading Fire Department provides ambulance services from its station at 757 Main St.