Christmas trees are the centerpiece of the holiday celebrations for many people, and each year, families go to tree farms to cut down their own evergreen, pick one up from a school sale or dig out their trusty fake from the basement.
Here are some places to get a Christmas tree locally:
- Boston Flower Market, North Reading. They have hundreds of Christmas trees. They have everything from table top trees starting at $14.99 to 15 foot trees for over $100. They also have Fraser Firs, those start around $49.99.
- Dandi-Lyons, Reading. They will give your tree a fresh cut and tie it to your car for you. The smallest trees start at $30.
- Walmart, North Reading. Be sure to bring your own rope to tie the tree to your car. Walmart has trees for $20 or $30.
- Northeast Nursery, Peabody: A reader suggested this Route 1 South botanical center. "Slightly high priced but really nice, fresh trees that last a long time and are arranged in stands so they're easy to browse. This year we're just going to start there instead of trying to shop closer to home."
- Smolak Farms, North Andover: A reader said this farm offers both cut-your-own trees and pre-cut trees. "And, just like when you pick apples up there earlier in the fall, they have the stand open for gifts and food treats and the petting zoo to spend your quarters feeding their animals."
If we missed any, tell us in the comments section below!