Today is Wednesday, Aug. 1. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. The temperature will reach 81 degrees in the afternoon and drop to 64 in the evening. Showers are expected throughout the day.
2. Learn about animals. Stop by the for a live animal program at 9:30 a.m. Richard Roth of the center and speak about animals.
3. Hillview. The at at 7 p.m. The condition of the golf course and bills are both items on the agenda.
4. Reading EDC. The at at 7 p.m. Agenda items include a Retail Visioning Update and Economic Development Activity Update.
5. Free art exhibit. There will be a , in collaboration with the Reading Art Association, at the Reading Senior Center. The four RAA artists featured during the summer are Ruth Camber, Florence Como, Jeannette Corbett and Evelyn Kox.