Today is Friday, Dec. 14. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. Today will be partly cloudy with a high near 45, tonight a low around 30.
2. Meet author Gish Jen. Meet author Gish Jen at the Reading Public Library at 7:30 p.m. She will discuss her work, answer questions and sign books.
3. Stories and songs storytime. Two and three-year-olds are welcome to attend stories and songs storytime at the Flint Memorial Library at 9:30 a.m. Registration is required.
4. Wine Tastings. Stop by Busa Wine & Spirits for their weekly wine tasting at 4 p.m. Find your favorite wine for the holidays.
5. Suburban Holidays. The Quannapowitt Players will perform Suburban Holidays at 8 p.m.