Today is Wednesday, Dec. 5. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. Today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 52, tonight a low around 25. Expect some rain throughout the day.
2. North Reading Historic District Commission. The Historic District Commission will meet at the Damon Tavern at 7:30 p.m. Expand parking for the Batchelder School is an item on the agenda.
3. Reading EDC. The EDC will meet at 7 p.m. at Reading Town Hall.
4. Barry Burbank in Reading . Meteorologist Barry Burbank will be at Longwood Place At Reading at 4 p.m. to discuss local weather patterns. Hot chocolate and cookies will be served.
5. Lasagna to go. Reserve a lasagna dinner for four to go from the Aldersgate United Methodist Church. They are available Friday, Dec. 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturday Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Aldersgate UMC’s Christmas Craft Fair. Choose meat or veggie and save time during the holiday season by freezing and then serving the lasagna. The cost is $24 for lasagna, salad and rolls, or $20 for just lasagna. Call 978-664-4678 or email email@example.com to place an order.