Today is Wednesday, June 20. Here are five things to know today:
1. First day of summer. Today is the first day of summer, and the longest day of the year. The temperature will reach 93 degrees today and drop to 70 in the evening. Expect sunshine throughout the day.
2. Reading EDC. The will meet at at 7 p.m. Agenda items include the summer schedule and Reading Chamber report.
3. North Reading Finance Committee. The will meet at at 7 p.m. Agenda items include three percent transfers and upcoming fincom projects.
4. Drop-in Children's Craft. Bring your kids to the event at the at 3 p.m. The event will feature a wind sock craft for kids ages six and up.
5. Zumba. Take a at at 6:30 p.m. The class is $10 for non-members and free for members.