Today is Wednesday, Nov. 28. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. There's a chance of rain this afternoon. Today will be cloudy with a high near 37, tonight a low around 23.
2. Planet Fitness in Reading. The site plan review for Planet Fitness was approved at the CPDC meeting Monday. The company is now working with the Building Inspector to get a building permit so they can start construction.
3. 2013 Sights of Reading Calendar for sale. Reading Girl Scouts have produced the calendar and all profits from the sale of the calendar will be used to fund the scouts’ community service projects. You can purchase the calendar at Gregory's and The Hitching Post.
4. Conservation Commission. The Conservation Commission will meet at Reading Town Hall at 7 p.m. A follow up for both the Sturges Park improvements and tree and wetland clearing on Bond Street are on the agenda.
5. North Reading Finance Committee. The Finance Committee will meet at North Reading Town Hall at 7 p.m. An update on the budget schedule and update on the school building project are both items on the agenda.