Today is Wednesday, Oct. 17. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. The weather. The temperature will reach 59 degrees today and drop to 43 overnight. Expect partly cloudy skies.
2. Reading EDC. The Reading EDC will meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Reading Town Hall. An Economic Development Activity Update and Reading Chamber report are both on the agenda.
3. North Reading Council on Aging. The Council on Aging will meet at the Edith A. O'Leary Senior Center at 7 p.m. A Friends of the C.O.A. update and promoting the C.O.A. are both items on the agenda.
4. 3-D Paper Pumpkin Craft. Stop by the Flint Memorial Library to make a paper pumpkin. It's the perfect time of year for your own pumpkin!
5. Cradles to Crayons Drive. State Sen. Katherine Clark is partnering with Cradles to Crayons to benefit children in need. Cradles to Crayons collects new and gently used clothing, art supplies, baby supplies like blankets and car seats, and other necessities in drop boxes around the district. A collection box has been placed in the Burbank YMCA and will remain there until Oct. 26. On October 27, the collected items will be sorted at the Melrose Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Volunteers are needed.