Did you miss some news this week? Want to know what the top stories were? Here is a list of the top five stories from this past week:
1. Vase of Feces Found at RMHS and Resident Arrested After Accident for OUI. Check out this police log from Monday and Tuesday.
2. Great American Tavern Keeps Extended Patio Hours. The selectmen voted to permanently extend the hours of the patio at the Great American Tavern at their meeting on Monday night. The board originally granted a temporary extension of their patio hours last June.
3. Donate Items for Troops to NRHS American Red Cross Club. The North Reading High School American Red Cross Club is collecting donations to fill 800 stockings for troops overseas as part of the American Red Cross Care Package Drive. Support the students and the troops by dropping items into any of their collection boxes around town.
4. . If Reading Memorial High School makes it to the high school Super Bowl, they won't be playing at Gillette Stadium. The Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association announced the Super Bowl schedule for Dec. 1 Tuesday.
5. David K. Johnson Foundation Benefits Sanborn Place and More. Bruce and Gregg Johnson are brothers and lifelong Reading residents that started the DKJ foundation. In the last 12 years they have raised almost $200K for Sanborn Place and Home Care, Sanborn Adult Day Services, the Cure Alzheimer’s Fund and the David and Susan Johnson Memorial Scholarship.