The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
- At 2 a.m., the manager at Walmart reported hearing noise behind the building. Police searched the area, but did not find anything.
- At 7:36 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Haverhill Street. One car was towed from the scene.
- At 11:11 a.m., a caller reported finding a needle on Main Street. Police secured the needle.
- At 4:27 p.m., several emergency callers reported that someone hit a deer on Conord Road. The deer was deceased when police arrived.
- At 5:22 p.m., a caller walked into the police station to report that someone opened a credit card in her name.
- At 5:45 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. No injuries were reported.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
- At 5:19 a.m., an emergency caller reported that a bicyclist was struck by a car on Main Street. The bicyclist was transported to the hospital.
- At 8:11 a.m., a Flash Road resident reported stolen jewelry.
- At 12:27 p.m., a manager from Heav'nly Donuts reported that several youths were gathering behind the dumpster. When asked to leave, the youths became belligerent, according to the manager. Police were not able to locate the youths.
- At 9:15 p.m., a caller reported a hit and run accident on Main Street.
Thursday, Dec. 20
- At 8:07 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Mentus Farm Lane, a 39-year-old Lynn male was summonsed for speeding and unlicensed operation.
- At 12:58 p.m., a caller reported that a truck spilled a load of cement of Park Street. A crew was sent to clean up the spill.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.