The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the from Wednesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Wednesday, May 16
- At 5:13 p.m., a caller reported that a young male was in the middle of Lowell Road directing traffic around him. Police found that the male was protecting a large turtle in the road.
- At 8:31 p.m., a caller reported they found a pug on Adam Street. The dog was placed in the pound by the resident.
Thursday, May 17
- At 2:40 a.m., an officer reported a break in at Stop and Shop's gas station. The officer reported that a fire extinguisher was used to gain entry. A manager of the store was notified and said that it appeared that nothing was taken. However, a gas station employee said that $250 to $300 was taken while she was on break.
- At 7:29 a.m., the manager of reported that someone broke in the night before. Police found that the register was taken and there were pry marks on the door. Detectives are investigating.
- At 8:30 a.m., a Carriage Way resident reported that their vehicle was entered the night before and a purse was taken as well as a Nook e-reader.
- At 8:58 a.m., a caller reported that a on Greenbriar Drive.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.