.

Fire Damages Andrea's in North Reading

An electrical fire Monday night caused Andrea's House of Pizza to be closed on Tuesday.

The responded to a fire at on Monday night around 9 p.m. and the eatery was closed on Tuesday.

According to Fire Chief William Warnock, there was a small electrical fire in the ceiling that was put out quickly with a portable extinguisher.

The plaster roof had wire mesh and over time the wire was rubbing up against the wire mesh, which made it in through the installation. Once the mesh came in contact with the piece of metal it energized that and started the fire in the wood, Warnock said.

"Once we shut off the electricity, the hazard was removed," Warnock said.

The restaurant was evacuated and an electrical inspector and the Board of Health reported to the scene. No one was injured.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »