The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Wednesday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:39 p.m. Wednesday, a caller reported a car accident on Franklin Street. As a result of the accident, Brian M. Hartford, 22, of 31 Lilah Lane was arrested on charges of operating under the influence of liquor and a marked lanes violation.
At 11:08 a.m. Thursday, Ling Ling Wang, 47, of 61 Kenberma Rd., Worcester and Wen Qui, 36, of 144 Brook St., Quincy were arrested on charges of sexual conduct for a fee.
Wednesday, Feb. 20
- At 8:29 p.m., a caller reported youths gathering on Temple Street. Police checked the area, but did not find any youths.
- At 11:38 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit with an egg while parked on Grove Street.
Thursday, Feb. 21
- At 10:12 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 3:01 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Haverhill Street. The injuries were unknown.
Friday, Feb. 22
- At 10:50 a.m., a caller reported that her daughter is being bullied. The female was pushed against the wall by a male who was seeking a relationship and was denied.
- At 11:37 a.m., a Batchelder Road resident reported that nails were placed under his tires and something was poured onto his vehicle.
- At 2:57 p.m., a manager from Stop and Shop reported that a female fled in a car after attempting to take $250 worth of items. Police attempted to locate the female, but she was no longer living at her last listed address.
- At 9:43 p.m., an Ash Street resident reported that someone broke into her home. The door was forced open.
Saturday, Feb. 23
- At 8:28 p.m., a car was stopped on Main Street and five youths were summonsed on charges of minors transporting alcohol. Only one youth opted to take the breathalyzer test and his results were negative. Parents picked up the children from the scene.
Sunday, Feb. 24
- At 12:46 a.m., a Bancroft Avenure resident reported that she heard someone on the first floor of her house. Police checked the home and surrounding area, but did not find anything.
- At 11:11 a.m., a Haverhill Street resident reported that she ignored a person at her front door and then heard a loud bang and saw someone on her back porch. Police found footprints, but no evidence of an attempted break in. They were unable to determine why the person was at her home.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org