The following is an excerpt from the Reading Police Department log from Wednesday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 8:36 p.m. Wednesday, as the result of a traffic stop on Walkers Brook Drive, Amado Chavez, 38, of 785 Western Ave. Lynn was arrested on charges of unlicensed operation, operating an unregistered vehicle, revoked registration, false name and on a warrant.
At 11:06 p.m. Friday, as the result of a traffic stop on Gazebo Circle, Daniel E. Farrell, 25, of 32 Boutwell St. Wilmington was arrested on charges of operating with a suspended license, defective equipment and no front plate.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- At 3:41 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Pond Meadow Drive. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:45 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on West Street. No injuries were reported.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- At 6:03 a.m., a Franklin Street resident reported that her motor vehicle was entered the night before and items were taken.
- At 8:30 a.m., a Jacob Way resident reported that his microwave was taken overnight.
- At 9:28 a.m., a Richards Road resident reported he taped an envelope containing $50 to his trash barrel for waste management and the envelope was stolen.
Friday, Jan. 4
- At 12:27 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. The accident was minor.
Saturday, Jan. 5
- At 1:49 p.m., a caller reported that his car was hit by a trash truck while parked on Longfellow Road.
- At 7:45 p.m., a Sunnyside Avenue resident reported that someone spray painted her front door and ran away.
Sunday, Jan. 6
- At 12:35 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 1:14 p.m., a Summer Avenue resident reported that her fence was spray painted overnight.
- At 2:18 p.m., a caller reported that another customer allegedly stomped on his foot and kneed him in the leg while in the peanut butter aisle at Market Basket. An officer watched the security footage and saw the two males exchange words, but reported that an assault was not visible on the video.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org